PDA

View Full Version : A Little More Comfort for 10 Bucks!

flyinon2
30-08-2004, 02:06 AM
I just installed a left hand Throttle Rocker this weekend. I have used a Throttle Rocker on the throttle hand for a while and have found it to provide a little more comfort, especially in city riding. It takes a little of the pressure off of your wrists and hands. I bought the left hand model with the hopes that it would do the same for my left hand, which after installing the original throttle rocker was now the only hand that ever bothered me from time to time. Well, I have to say that I am not disappointed! I rode about 75 miles today in city and highway traffic and had no discomfort at all in my left hand. :D Try one before you spend a lot of money on bar backs or other bar modifications.

Takeshi
30-08-2004, 05:10 AM
..... I have used a Throttle Rocker on the throttle hand for a while and have found it to provide a little more comfort, especially in city riding. It takes a little of the pressure off of your wrists and hands. I bought the left hand model with the hopes that it would do the same for my left hand, which after installing the original throttle rocker was now the only hand that ever bothered me from time to time. ..... I rode about 75 miles today in city and highway traffic and had no discomfort at all in my left hand.

I thought that the Throttle Rocker works as a support for your "right" hand to keep your speed constant for long journey (e.g. highway road), because the importer (who sells the Throttle Rocker in Japan) advertises as if it is so. For that reason, I've never seen a picture of it for left throttle... but just checked out here (http://www.throttlerocker.com/) and found that one for left hand is also available... Does it really ease your pain in your left wrist especially in city ride? My handle bar is raised up by a handle riser for better comforts in city ride, but I still feel stiff on my hands due to frequent stop-and-go while I'm on the way to work and back home in Tokyo city - approx. 65 miles round trip every day.

Skyenet
30-08-2004, 08:27 AM
I recently bought a Throttle Rocker for 5 (www.MandP.com) and like it for all round use (rarely ever on motorways). Really found it handy on the Tighnabruich run yesterday. Changed gloves so many times becuase I couldn't get wet ones back on and some were a bit slippy on the handlebars so the throttle rest was easy to use in the wet. Ordered another one for the F650. Not seen a left hand one listed on M&P's site, must have another look.

Takeshi
30-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Not seen a left hand one listed on M&P's site, must have another look.
You can see the left hand one here (http://www.throttlerocker.com/) which looks mirror-imaged.

flyinon2
31-08-2004, 12:45 AM
It does relieve the discomfort for me in city riding. It may not help with sore wrists, but it will help with soreness or numbness in your hand. It gives you different gripping options, depending on how much you have it rotated on the grip. I bought it with the idea that even if it didn't help out with the discomfort from leaning on the bars at slow speeds that I still could use it on longer rides to give my left hand a rest from the standard "grip". To my surprise it has helped out in both situations and at a very reasonable price too! Almost as cheap as a tank of gas these days!!:D

Ed Miller
31-08-2004, 03:39 AM
I have one that I have used off and on for the past couple of years. I don't really like it that much though. The problem I have with it is that when I turn it up to where it is providing some useful leverage at highway speeds, it makes it difficult to release the throttle fully and maintain a good grip. I often find myself unintentionally reving the engine when I very much need it to be at or near idle. It does take some strian off my wrist on a long ride, but I find it rather bothersome when I get into traffic. Of course you can roll it around to a lower position, but that's not practical when you need to quickly close the throttle. I seldom use it because of this drawback. I may look into the lever lock option someday.